Job Opportunity: Program Officer – Research Documentation and Advocacy
CEHURD wants to recruit a Programme Officer under its program of Research, Advocacy and Documentation (RDA). Click here to download Full Job description here
Job Purpose: The Programme Officer will work under the Research, Documentation and Advocacy (RDA) Program and will be responsible for performing the tasks listed below towards supporting the program.
This is a highly engaging position requiring multitasking capabilities and capacities to research, write and engage with evidence.
- Supporting the RDA program’s advocacy efforts by assisting with drafting petitions, policy briefs, briefing papers, internal memorandums, and other advocacy documents.
- Using editing skills to assist with fact-checking of reports, petitions, draft publications, and other documents as needed.
- Conducting legal and policy research and analysis on international law, human rights law, and foreign and comparative law.
- Develop and share program meeting minutes.
- Develop legal analyses of laws and bills in Uganda from a human rights perspective.
- Constantly work in consultation and support of the Program Manager to implement health rights advocacy and documentation projects in line with the overall CEHURD Strategic Plan.
- Promote appropriate linkages between CEHURD’s other programs and the health rights advocacy and documentation work.
- Promote a rights based approach in programming work on Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights.
- Develop health rights advocacy and documentation work plans and budgets.
- Mapping and keeping data for the partners identified in health rights advocacy.
- Carry out parliamentary advocacy in health including keeping abreast with relevant parliamentary committees for example committee on health and human rights.
- Engaging with health rights related institutions in Uganda including the human rights commission.
- Carry out and engage in all activities involving the Ministry of Health in Uganda particularly the reproductive health thematic areas and the Maternal and Child Health processes.
- Organize and attend all meetings and training by CEHURD and or other relevant partners in advocacy for health.
- Engage in and carry out research in health related fields of particular interest to CEHURD in given periods of time.
- Provide support to proposal development processes in line with the strategic plan of CEHURD
- Coordinate work that is being implemented between the different programs of CEHURD.
In addition to individual respective tasks, the Programme Officer will be expected:
- To adhere to CEHURD values and to actively promote their application amongst colleagues.
- To undertake tasks in a creative, self-driven and innovative fashion.
- To identify and implement additional tasks/ideas of benefit to the organization.
The attainment of the above will be reflected in the Programme Officer’s appraisal, as well as the achievement of outputs, as described in above key responsibilities.