1. Human Rights Pamphlet One – What are Human Rights?
According to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) Human rights are intrinsic values that give all human beings dignity. All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood. (UDHR, Article 1). Find FULL PAMPHLET
2. Human Rights PamphletTwo – What’s the right to health
The right to health means that the state must take steps to ensure that all citizens have an equal chance to live a long and healthy life. Find FULL PAMPHLET
3. What is the patients’ rights charter?
The Patients Charter is a result of concerted effort by the various stakeholders and the Ministry of Health. The objective of the patients’ charter is to empower health consumers to demand high quality health care, to promote the rights of patients and to improve the quality of life of all Ugandans and finally eradicate poverty nationwide. The Patients’ Rights Charter lists both the rights and the responsibilities of people using health services. Find FULL PAMPHLET
4. Why should you have a right to know?
When you know your rights you can fight for them
When you know your rights you can share them with others
When we all know our rights we can all join together to fight for them. Find FULL PAMPHLET
5. What’s the right to health?
The Right to health means that the state must take steps to ensure that all citizens have an equal chance to live a long and healthy life and this includes
· The right to a safe, clean living environment
· The right to expect and demand adequate healthcare.
· The right to health is for everyone, rich and poor, without discrimination. Find FULL PAMPHLET
6. What are individual and collective human rights?
Individual rights protect a person Collective rights protect a group of people
Groups of people or communities can have a common need and problem. For example, HIV patients do not always have access to certain medicines they are supposed to get. In these cases the people should come together, form a group and try to find a way to get the government to meet their needs. Find FULL PAMPHLET